Unintentional weight gain & perception of yourself. Instagram and the fitspo world is full of ~inspirational messages~ encouraging women that #gainingweightiscool and that it’s better to be #strongnotskinny and that lifting weights will = a higher number on the scale, which is good! It really is. But what about unintentional weight gain? Physique changes which happen bcos ur sadly, or bcos you lose ‘motivation’, or slip into old habits. How do you deal with that?

The answer I *really* want to give you is that you don’t. You don’t “deal” with anything, because gaining weight (in whatever form) isn’t and shouldn’t be anything to “deal” with when it comes to how you feel about yourself. It doesn’t change your character or your work ethic or your humor. It’s not a “problem” which needs “fixing”
.

Except it’s not that easy, is it? Bcos most of us live in a society where it’s been ingrained into us that small equals are healthy/fit/happy 🌈!!!!! (which is bullshit lol). We get praised by our peers when we lose weight or ~trim up~ — “oooh!!!! 😯 look at that tiny little tummy Katy! you’re looking amazing! you’ll have to tell me your secrets!!!!”, we get more likes on social media when you can see more definition, when we post *transformations* and we get diet/weight loss products shilled to us from all directions - so no wonder it can be difficult to be content with how our bodies look. And I get it. I get aesthetic goals. I have them. It’s fine. It’s useful. But most of us have these *goals* at the expense of our current body, bcos we’re pretty much told to hate our current body. Bad.

I’ve been in a place this past year where I let my fitness habits slip while I dealt with my *many* bad-brain-cloudy-days ☁️. I’ve ignored goals, routines, felt confused, my body’s changed.

But I’ve been trying to dismantle those ideas that we’re taught. And be less of a dick to myself. Remember, you're in control of your thoughts. So if ur in a similar sitch, reset. Challenge your thoughts. Question things. Set a different goal. Work on self-development. Take it slow. Celebrate the small wins. And fail as many times as you need to. πŸ–€

I’ve been such a stressful monster lately πŸ˜‚ anyone else!!? Ugh... seriously! I think it’s time to focus on meditation, get back into yoga, soul-awakening journey or..... comment below your “de-stress” tips!.

Lil pic post leg workout todayπŸ‹πŸ»‍♀️!

I’m very happy at the moment: I deadlifted today for the first time in a couple months (since I had messed up my low back)!!! I kept things super light just to get back into the swing of things, but it felt so good to do the movement again🀩!! Going to take things really slow with it, but I’m so stoked to be doing my fav exercise again😭!

(Workout 284 / 300 for the year)

It’s a #bootyful morning folk πŸ€“
I did a guided meditation last night before bed (on #youtube ) and I woke up feeling a lot less stress. Sometimes we forget we need time to unwind our minds as well in order to sleep the best we can!

No filter, unedited and real, messy post-workout hair flaws and all πŸ™ˆ
.
Comment if this motivates you to workout today πŸ™ŒπŸΌπŸ’ͺ🏼



Most Read It:

Leg Day Workout in the gym

#netflixandchill #timetounwind #destressing #howtodestress #selfcarejourney #selfcarethread #selfcareday #selfcaredaily #selflovematters #selflovetips #eatme

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top